- All participating researchers applying for salary funding must have completed their PhD by the application date (doctoral students may participate in the programme but may only receive a salary after completing their PhD).
- When submitting an application, the research leader must have submitted final reports for any previous research grants from RJ.
- The research leader may only submit one application to RJ Programme.
- A connection with Sweden is required. This means that researchers active in Sweden (with a formal link to a Swedish higher education institution) participate in the research or that a Swedish research institute is actively involved.
- There is some flexibility for budgeting recruitment of as yet unnamed project participants who are planned to be included in the programme. In those cases, describe why this person’s expertise cannot be identified for the moment.
- Costs may be included for researchers active abroad.
- The programme is to last six to eight years.
- Each researcher may work with the programme at most 75% per year.
- The applicant is responsible for ensuring that the research is compatible with the ethical guidelines established by the Swedish Research Council and that ethical review is carried out where necessary.