- All participating researchers applying for salary funding is to be named and is to have obtained a PhD by the application date. Research conducted by doctoral students is not funded through RJ Projects.
- By the application date, all participating researchers applying for the salary funding are to have submitted final reports for previous research grants awarded by RJ.
- It is only allowed to participate in one project application as a project leader or project participant.
- A connection with Sweden is required. This means that researchers active in Sweden with a formal connection to a Swedish higher education institution participate in the research.
- It is permitted to include costs for project participants active abroad.
- Project leaders or project participants who have been unsuccessful in the first stage of the application process two years running may not apply for project grants in the following year.
- Each researcher may only work in the project at most 75 per cent per year.
- The project leader must work in the project at least 20 per cent per year.
- RJ fully funds approved projects and does not allow co-funding with other external sources of funding. RJ does not fund projects that have already begun.
- Applicants must report any ongoing research grants and grants obtained in parallel with a project grant from RJ.
- The project leader is to ensure that the research is compatible with the ethical guidelines established by the Swedish Research Council and that ethical review is carried out where necessary.
- All Swedish higher education institutions are approved grant administrators. RJ reserves the right to determine what other organisations can be approved for each application.